Hey, Odie, where's your lucky special stick? - - Everyone needs a luck special stick.
1 October 1985
- TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP Hey, Jon, my lucky special stick wants you to get up and fix my breakfast! - A loyal friend, the lucky special stick.
2 October 1985
Dogs can't hurt me as long as I carry my lucky special stick. - - Of course, sometimes I have to carry it pretty fast.
3 October 1985
You're not going to believe this. - - When was the last time you saw a stick retrieve a dog?
4 October 1985
Nothing can harm me as long as I have my lucky special stick - SNAP! - They don't make lucky special sticks like they used to.
5 October 1985
- I'm going to take a nap now, Nermal. If you so much as touch my food, I'll squash you flat, okay? - KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK - Who are you? Don't you remember? I'm Nermal, the kitten you tried to starve a few years ago. - I came back to replay old
6 October 1985
Garfield, you're sleeping your life away. - There's a whole world out there for the taking. - Great. Have it sent to my bed.
7 October 1985
8 October 1985
Boy, am I bored. I'm so bored I have nothing better to do than lie here flat as a pancake. - A big fluffy pancake dripping with butter and maple syrup. - Boy, am I hungry.
9 October 1985
Jon, here's something I feel I should tell you, because you're going to find out anyway. - You know how much Odie drools. - I had to sandbag his tongue.
10 October 1985
- There are hugs and there are hugs. - But, there are no hugs like bear hugs.
11 October 1985
CLONK - I hate that when the coaster sticks to my glass then falls onto the table! - Garfield, cud I haff a wud wif you?
12 October 1985
- Garfield, you watch too much television. Probably. - You could be doing much better things with your time than staring at a TV set. That's for sure. - There's a whole world out there to experience. I imagine so. - Uh, you could be, ...uh,
13 October 1985
Surprise! I got you a canopy bed! Allright! - - I feel like a Sissy.
14 October 1985
YAWN - WHA?! - These canopy beds take some getting used to.
15 October 1985
- - Are you ashamed of your new bed, Garfield? What gives you that idea?
16 October 1985
Jon finally got me a bed with some class. - But it's just not me. I have my pride. - And pride, of course, is the middle class substitute for class.
17 October 1985
- CLICK - And just what are you doing? I had this incredible urge to take inventory.
18 October 1985
- - LIAR!
19 October 1985
It knows where I am. - I know it's here. I can feel its presence. - There's no escaping it. - Once it has you, you're a goner! - Run for it, Garfield! - Here it comes again! - YOU WON'T TAKE ME WITHOUT A FIGHT. - ARRRGH! - Another victim of a
20 October 1985
Hello, I'm Nermal, the world's cutest kitten. Go away, Nermal. - I'm taking a beauty nap. - Beauty nap? That could take weeks! I hate him.
21 October 1985
22 October 1985
- Now I wonder what Nermal could be up to. - THERE'S A SHARK IN MY WATER BOWL! Oh.
23 October 1985
Jump onto the pillow, Nermal! - BLAT! - You did that on purpose, did you? I do everything on purpose.
24 October 1985
You don't have to play with that pathetic little ball of yarn, Nermal, I'll get my personal ball of yarn for you. - How nice! - Maybe Garfield likes me after all!
25 October 1985
Answer me this... - Why is it when they say an adult has the "mind of a child," they lock him up? - While children are allowed to run free in the streets?
26 October 1985
- Well, well, well. Odie's sitting in front of the recliner. Let's have some fun, shall we? - Watch this. - - WHUMP! WHAP! - I hate to brag, but it took a brilliant mind to figure that gag out. - SMACK!
27 October 1985
- KLANG! - Okay! Okay! You didn't have to shout.
28 October 1985
Let me tell you about my Monday. Monday was going great. I thought it was going to be the first Monday of my life that didn't stink. - I got up in the middle of the night and ate some jawbreakers. - Then I woke up this morning and my marble
29 October 1985
Hey, Garfield! I just bought a Swiss army knife. It does about a million things! Sure! - I've seen those knives before. They're about as useless as... - FOOMP! That's a new one on me.
30 October 1985
Jon, I have decided my living area is a mite drab. - I have some plans to spiff it up a bit. - What? No servant's quarters? Why, of course, silly! Right over there behind the pool.
31 October 1985